1) Chiang Mai
Thailand’s northern capital is an escape from the whirlwind pace of life of its southern rival, Bangkok. Despite the constant arrival of planes and trains full of sightseers, the former seat of the Lanna kingdom is still blissfully calm and laid-back. If you don’t want to participate in the vast array of activities on offer, just stroll around the backstreets, and discover a city that is still firmly Thai in its aspect, atmosphere, and attitude.
A short ride by motorcycle or chartered rót daang (‘red truck’) will deliver you to pristine rainforest reserves, churning waterfalls, serene forest wát, bubbling hot springs and peaceful country villages – as well as a host of adventure camps, elephant sanctuaries and souvenir markets.
- Discounts for flights during Easter: Direct flights @ HK $2,339
- Best deals on hotels: 25% discount on Dhavara Boutique Hotel
- Best tour packages: All things to do
2) Sri Lanka
Set in the Indian Ocean in South Asia, the tropical island nation of Sri Lanka has a history dating back to the birth of time. It is a place where the original soul of Buddhism still flourishes and where nature’s beauty remains abundant and unspoilt. Few places in the world can offer the traveller such a remarkable combination of stunning landscapes, pristine beaches, captivating cultural heritage and unique experiences within such a compact location.
Our top picks of things to do:
- Wander Galle Fort’s atmospheric streets
- Get up close to elephants at Pinnawela
- Seek leopards in Yala National Park
- Climb to the top of Sigiriya
- Be amazed by Anuradhapura’s ruins
- Discounts for flights: Direct flights @HK $7,299
- Best deals on hotels: Taj Samudra @HK$1362
- Best tour packages: Tours to book
Cambodia is the perfect luxury holiday destination for those who really want to get under the skin of the country they are visiting. It has so much to offer – iconic cultural sites, ancient and contemporary history, renowned hospitality, excellent food, plus an undiscovered authentic feel which you simply can’t find elsewhere. From the breathtaking temple complex at Angkor, to the frenetic but alluring capital of Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s culture, landscapes and flavours will reinvigorate your senses. For a slower, more contemplative experience. Luang Prabang’s captivating natural beauty and stunningly well-preserved ancient monuments are like stepping back in time to the Asia of old.
- Discounts for flights: Direct flights to Phnom Penh @ HK$2,926
- Best deals on hotels: Save 30% on Raffles Hotel Le Royal
- Best tour packages: Day trips & Excursions
While only 7km tall and at its bikini line 500m wide, tiny Boracay has rapidly become the Philippines’ top tourist attraction. The centre of the action is the dreamy White Beach, a 4km, postcard-perfect stretch of sand lined from one end to the other with hotels, restaurants, bars, and dive shops now several blocks deep. The beach path is typically awash with visitors, including large groups of package tourists drawn from all over Asia – most commonly Korea, Taiwan and China. The ocean is full of romantic sailboats giving rides; colourful parasails fill the air. After a perfect sunset, live music breaks out, and firedancers twirl their batons. The party goes on all night. All of this can be great fun, and can easily occupy your entire visit.
- Discounts for flights: Best route to Caticlan Airport- 1 stop @HK$3,900
- Best deals on hotels: Discovery Shores @ HK$2,614
- Hidden gems: Tips and Information on Boracay
Where better to spend Easter than in the land of chocolate? Rich chocolate eggs fill chocolatiers’ shop windows at this time of year. With temperatures starting to warm up in time for Easter, Brussels becomes an easy and elegant city to wander around by foot. Find a well-located city apartment in Brussels so you can hop on and off public transport to get to where you want to be and don’t forget you can also see Brussels by boat as a canal flows right through the city centre.
- Discounts for flights: 1 stop, Best flight deals @HK$5,276
- Best deals on hotels: Save 25% @ the Hilton Grand Place
- Best tour packages: Food, Wine & Nightlife